Wednesday 1 October 2008

JAOO... day 2

Tuesday at JAOO was full of great talks! I could go to three of them in the morning, but I had to do some crew stuff in the afternoon. Only for those three talks, the conference was worthy to me :)
I listened to Frank Buschmann talking about Architecture Reviews first. The talk was targeted to software architects and architecture reviewers. I'm not none of these, but listening to this man is always a pleasure, and you get something out of it!
Then Linda Rising, talking about The Power of Retrospectives... wow! I could listen to her for hours and hours. Great sense of humor, and she is really passionate about retrospectives, even suggesting to apply the technique to your own life; stop and reflect what can be done differently to make your life better... I'll keep this in mind :)
Last but not least, I went to Cope's talk about Agile Architecture. There was so many people that he is repeating the talk today, because some people couldn't go in! I had to leave before he finished, due to my crew duties, but I really enjoyed the talk. Fresh and provocative as always.

The afternoon was a bit boring... I had to guard one of the conference rooms, and then sit at the registration office for like 2 hours.. and no one came! Well, that's the price for going to the conference!

Today it looks exciting.. I have problems deciding which talks to go to! More about it later.. or tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Has sido seleccionada para seguir el meme de la felicidad. Que por qué? porque estas tonterías tienen que cruzar fronteras. ^^

    http://pulsorumbero.blogspot.com/2008/10/meme-de-la-felicidad.html

    Maritxu

    ReplyDelete